dr david gilligan BSc (Hons) MB BChir FRCPE FRCR
Weekly Monday 18:00 - 20:00
David Gilligan is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Cambridge University Hospitals (Addenbrooke's) and Papworth Hospitals in Cambridge and Associate Lecturer, University of Cambridge. He is the Clinical Lead for Acute Oncology at Addenbrooke's.
Dr Gilligan is one of the country’s leading experts in the management of thoracic cancers. His NHS practice is based at Addenbrooke’s and Papworth Hospitals. He is a member of the NHS England lung cancer clinical reference group (CRG) which advises the NHS on lung cancer services, and is a trustee of the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, the UK national lung cancer charity. He has a particular interest in patient information and is a specialist advisor to CancerHelp UK and Senior Medical Editor for Macmillan Cancer Support. His main clinical interests are in all aspects of Thoracic Oncology and Upper GI tract cancer and he is an enthusiastic participator in clinical trials. He is a past member of the NCRI Lung Cancer Studies Group which co-ordinates UK research into lung cancer.
Dr Gilligan trained in preclinical medicine at the University of Edinburgh and clinical medicine at the University of Cambridge. His specialist training in Oncology was at the Christie Hospital, Manchester; Royal Marsden Hospital, and University College Hospitals, London.
- University of Edinburgh
- Clare College
- University of Cambridge Christie Hospital
- Manchester Royal Marsden Hospital
- London University College, London
- Lung cancer
- Thymoma/Thymic cancer
- Oesophagus & stomach cancer
- Cancer of unknown primary site
- Acute oncology
- BSc (Hons) (University of Edinburgh)
- MB BChir (University of Cambridge)
- FRCPE (Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh)
- FRCR (Royal College of Radiologists)
GMC number: 3122095
- British Thoracic Oncology Group
- International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Medical Defence Union